Date - 22nd February 2016
Magha Purnima is an important day in Hindu calendar. Religious texts describe the glory of holy bath and austerity observed during Magha month. It is believed that every single day in month of Magha is special for doing charity work. Magha Purnima, which is popularly known as Maghi Purnima, is the last and most important day of Magha Mahina. People perform certain rituals like holy bath, offering alms, donating cow, serving cows and Homa at Prayag, the confluence point of the river Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati, on Maghi Purnima.
If we look at classical texts of Astrology, they show that if Purnima is on a Monday it is considered as auspicious showing “Vijay Yoga” as both Monday and Purnima have an impact of moon on it. Moon rules the mind and if on this day Lord Shiva is worshipped by offering ganges water, it helps in removing stress and mind related problems. According to Brahma Vaivarta Purana, Lord Vishnu resides in the water on Ganges on this day. Hence, it is believed that even touching the holy water of Ganges on this day provides salvation. It is also believed that Lord Vishnu is most impressed when a person takes a bath in the holy rivers on this day.
Donations, charities and yagyas organized on this day are considered to be very important. Lord Vishnu is worshipped and food, clothes, jaggery, ghee, laddoo, fruits, cereals etc. are donated. On the day of Magh Purnima, a person should wake up early and take bath in a nearby river or at your home before sunrise. After this, a person should worship Lord Vishnu. Black sesame seeds are used in the Magh month to make offerings to dead ancestors. Donating sesame seeds is considered to be very important during this month.
There is a special significance of this day in Buddhism as well. It is believed that Gautam Buddha announced his impending death on this day. There are religious ceremonies held at Viharas, prayers are dedicated to the Buddha. Religious flags are hoisted on all the monasteries at dawn and sacred verses are chanted from the Tripitaka.
For this day, I am sharing some of the vedic astrological remedies you can undertake to please Lord Har and Hari:
1. You should chant "Om Namah Bhagvate Vasudevaya Namah" mantra while taking bath.
2. Offer abhishek to Abhimantrit Divine Narmadeshwar Shivlinga by pouring milk on it in a silver vessel. Before pouring milk, you should first of all see your face and it will help you in freeing you from stress, anxiety, tensions and double mindedness. It will improve your mental ability to ward off obstructions in your path to success. To know about energized Narmadeshwar Shivlinga and to get it you can visit our website at following link http://lalkitabastro.com/yantra.php
3. If you are suffering from any disease then you should offer abhishek at energized Naramdeshwar shivlinga with Ganges water.
4. If you want to get money and wealth, then you should abhishek energized Naramdeshwar shivlinga with kusha.
5. If you think that your works are obstructed due to evil eye or magic spells by anyone, then you should take some cow milk, look your face in it and then offer this milk to a black dog.
6. You should offer abhishek at energized Narmadeshwar Shivlinga using Sugarcane juice. After you offer abhishek at Shivlinga, you should offer green grass by mixing some sugarcane juice in it to a cow. It will help you in getting blessings of Maa Laxmi.
7. You should offer something according to your paying capacity as donation or charity.
8. Those facing financial crisis, should , at the time of moon-rise ,chant “OM SRANG,SRING,SRONG ,SAH CHANDRAMASAY NAMAH” and “OM AEING KLING SOMAYE NAMAH “ – alternately and offer raw milk mixed with sugar and rice to the Moon – financial issues shall slowly ebb out .
“Hari Om Tat Sat”
Acharya Vikas Malhotra
Lal Kitab Astro Centre (LKAC)
Book phone or personal consultation by visiting website lalkitabastro.com